Splish, Splash Lagoon Bash!
Saturday, Sep 28, 2019 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location: Environmental Learning Center
Category: Festivals/Family Fun
In celebration of National Estuary Day, the Indian River Lagoon and the Environmental Learning Center’s (ELC) 31st birthday, Splish, Splash Lagoon Bash will offer a full day of fun, lagoon-related events— FREE of charge. This event will take place on Saturday, September 28 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Environmental Learning Center.
The entire campus will be open for guests to enjoy, from the Discovery Station interactive museum, to the boardwalks surrounded by mangroves.
The schedule is as follows:
• Children’s Book Reading & Signing with Leslie Maloney, “Mermaid Meg and the Magic Lagoon” – 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
• Children’s Book Reading & Signing with Heather Kramer, “Horseshoe Crab’s Crown” – 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
• Touch Tank – 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
• Mangrove Tree Crab Activity – 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.
• Outdoor Water Activities – 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• EcoTalks Speaker Series – 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
• Walking Tree Brewery Beer Tastings & Mangrove Walk (additional charges apply) – 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
All activities are free, aside from the Walking Tree Brewery Beer Tasting and Mangrove Walk, which allows guest to try out several craft beers the local brewery offers. Guests also will be taken on a tour, led by one of our Environmental Educators, and learn about the different types of mangroves and the diverse ecosystem we live in. The cost for the beer tasting and tour is $15 for non-members and $12 for ELC members.
More Info: 255 Live Oak Drive
Environmental Learning Center
255 Live Oak Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963
Return to: Calendar