Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital
Share this page:
Vero Beach, FL
Welcome to Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital in Vero Beach
In 2006 the hospital opened the heart center associated with Duke
Cleveland Clinic doctors are committed to their patients
About Indian River Medical Center
Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospitals is a 335-bed community hospital that, with its related facilities, occupies a medical-services campus of more than 128 acres off U.S. 1 in Vero Beach, Fla. Its staff of healthcare professionals includes more than 240 affiliated physicians representing 40 different specialties who provide a wide range of quality medical care and services. Founded by Garnett Radin, R.N., in 1932, the hospital has been serving its community for 85 years. With all private rooms, Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital is the second largest employer in Indian River County with more than 1,670 employees. Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and a number of departments and services have received state and national certification.
- The hospital opened The Welsh Heart Center in 2006. Affiliated with DukeHealth, which is consistently rated as one of the top 10 heart centers in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital's Welsh Heart Center offers cardiac surgery, angioplasty and a full array of cardiac services, right here at home. Cardiac services presently include an award-winning Cardiovascular Critical Care Unit, Cardiac Catheterization featuring an advanced digital imaging system, and Cardiac Rehab. Quality outcome results, when benchmarked against the largest cardiac surgery database in the world – compiled by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons – found Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital surgical results to be superior to the national average in every category, making it one of the top quality heart surgery programs in America.
- Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital provides a full-range of state-of-the-art Neurosurgery Services, including innovative minimally-invasive brain and spine surgeries, usually only performed at academic university medical centers.
- The Emergency Department (ED) features 11 emergency physicians, 11 physician assistants and advanced nurse practitioners and 64 highly trained emergency department nurses. A patient advocate team is on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week to serve as a liaison between patients and families and the clinical staff. The Acute Care area diagnoses and treats more serious or possibly life-threatening conditions. Minor Care is a service provided in the ED for people who have urgent but not serious healthcare issues and who do not have immediate access to a primary care provider. Minor Care usually offers patients a shorter waiting time than the ED for the evaluation and treatment of minor health issues.
- Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital's Comprehensive Scully-Welsh Cancer Center, affiliated with DukeHealth, has been accredited through the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) since 1989. The CoC is a nationally-recognized, multidisciplinary accreditation program, which follows comprehensive, patient-centered standards for cancer programs. From diagnostics to treatment, Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital offers a continuum of cancer care. Our multidisciplinary team provides a full-service program including emergency services, surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, a dedicated cancer unit, rehabilitation, patient support services, outreach and more while staying at the forefront with sophisticated treatment options. Radiation Oncology houses two Varian Linear Accelerators, including the new addition of the TrueBeam STx. The system offers all forms of advanced external beam techniques including image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery (IGRT and IGRS), intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and RapidArc® radiotherapy technology.
- Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital's Stroke Center has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission as a primary Primary Stroke Center. The Center is staffed by personnel with expertise in diagnosing and treating patients with heart and vascular disease. Team members include a neurologist, emergency department staff trained in "brain attack protocol," a physical therapist, case managers and health educators.Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital was one of the first area hospitals to offer the clot-busting drug tPA (tissue plasminogen activator) for treatment of some stroke patients.
- Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital is rated as a top hospital for Orthopedic Surgery. Four orthopedic specialists provide joint-replacement procedures and a total of 10 orthopedic surgeons provide other orthopedic surgeries at the hospital. Joint replacements for hips, knee and shoulder implants are the most common procedures. Newer innovative procedures include minimally invasive hip and knee surgery, unicompartmental knee surgery, and total joint shoulder replacements as well as reverse shoulders.
- Imaging Sciences (Radiology) features quality staffing and state-of-the-art technology. Its whole-body Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) unit features reduced imaging time and improved quality. A 64-slice CT scanner is capable of performing sophisticated procedures at sub-second speeds.
- The Behavioral Health Center, a 46-bed facility founded in 1986, provides inpatient mental health services for children and adolescents, and inpatient services for adults and seniors. It also offers an employee assistance program and ROPES Challenge course for employers. The ROPES course promotes teamwork and self-esteem.
- The hospital's Vascular Services have received recognition as Best in the State. Innovative "endovascular" procedures that are less invasive and allow faster recovery are also offered.
- In Indian River County,Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital – the only hospital with maternity services – is known as the place where babies come from.Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital 's Women's Health and Maternity Services delivers more than 1,000 babies annually.
Other services include:
• Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation
• DaVinci robot for general surgery, gynecologic and thoracic (lung) surgery
• Daily multidisciplinary rounds in the Critical Care Unit
• Kidney dialysis and lithotripsy
• A full-service Laboratory and Blood Bank
• Medication Management Clinic, including an Anti-Coagulation Clinic
• Post Chapel and Meditation Garden, across from the visitor entrance, offers a place of solace and serenity for patients, visitors and staff.
• Primary Care physicians (Sebastian, Pointe West, near IRMC, south Vero Beach)
• Rapid Response Team
• Rehabilitation Therapy Center, providing outpatient physical, occupational, speech and hand therapies
• Sheridan Intensive Care Unit and Waxlax Recovery Room
• Sleep Disorder Center
• Smoking Cessation Classes
• Treasure Coast Bariatric at Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital providing surgical weight loss
• Walk-in Care Centers located in Point West and Sebastian
• Wound Healing Center