Indian River Woodcarvers Club Share this page:
Vero Beach, FL
Indian River Woodcarvers Club
PO Box 650638
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Write a Review
The Indian Rivers Woodcarvers Club (IRWC) has been around for over ten years. It started with just a few members and now has over a 100 members. Many of it’s members come from Vero Beach and surrounding towns. Some members even come as far as Canada, and who look forward to seeing their friends with whom they have built lasting friendships.
Basic facts about joining IRWC:
- Joining is inexpensive. Yearly dues are just $10.00
- IRWC meets on Thursdays 8AM-12 noon at the Moose Lodge, 226 -43rd Avenue, Vero Beach, FL 32968.
- Members vary in ability levels, from beginners to experts, men and women, and include all age groups (children must be accompanied by an adult).
- The club and its members are willing to teach beginners how to carve.
- New members can use the club’s carving tools until they know the specific tools and materials needed to do great carving and be safe.
- Members are always willing to share ideas and opinions about purchasing materials& tools, and carving& finishing techniques.
What IRWC Offers Its Members:
- On a rotating basis, there are a variety of mini classes being held, such as Sharpening Tools, Power Tools, Two-Dimensional Relief Carving, Three-Dimensional Carving, Holiday Projects, and much more.
- club always has a pot of coffee and treats ready to share.
- Many members enjoy participating in community projects, such as carving the Purple Heart Cane Project, Comfort Birds for Hospice, Firefighters Wooden Quilts Project, Environmental Awards for Students and more.
For anyone who is interested, but not sure this hobby is for you the club welcomes you to stop in and visit, or visit our website at www.indianriverwoodcarvers.weebly.com