Trash and Recycling
Trash Collection is voluntary everywhere except for within the City Limits of Vero Beach and the Town of Indian River Shores.
*Information for the City of Vero Beach can be found on
* Information for the Remainder of the County can be found on .
COUNTY RECYCLING/TRASH PROGRAM
Recycling is paid for through residential homes solid waste assessment fees, so you do not have to be signed up for garbage service to receive curbside recycling. Waste Management picks up residential recycling for all residents except within the Town of Indian River Shores, they have Republic Services.
Commercial Recycling is open market so non-residential buildings (businesses, non-profit organization buildings etc) can call any recycling service provider to sign up and pay for recycling services (recycling is not included in their property taxes so they have the option to pay for recycling or not).
Curbside Garbage Service Providers:
- City of Sebastian, City of Fellsmere and Unincorporated IRC: Waste Management (772) 569-1776
- Town of Orchid: Waste Pro (772) 318-6922 & Waste Management (772) 569-1776
- Indian River Shores: Republic Services (772) 562-6620
- City of Vero Beach: Solid Waste Division for the City of Vero Beach (772) 978-5300
Customer Convenient Center Sites:
- County Landfill: 1325 74th Ave, SW, open 7 days/week, 7am-5pm
- Roseland: 7860 130th St, off CR 505, Thursday -Monday, 7am-6pm
- Fellsmere: 12510 CR 512, Friday-Tuesday, 7am-6pm
- Winter Beach: 3955 65th St, Thursday-Monday, 7am-6pm
- Gifford: 4901 41st St, Thursday-Monday, 7am-6pm
- South Vero: 950 1st Pl, Friday-Tuesday, 7am-6pm
See listings below for Trash and Recycling collection companies in Indian River County
Waste Management4413 77th St, Vero Beach, FL 32967
ph: (772) 569-1776
Waste Management is responsible for residential garbage and recycling collection in Fellsmere, Sebastian, and unicorporated Indian River County. Call the number listed or visit the website for more information.
Solid Waste Disposal District1325 74th Ave SW, Vero Beach, FL 32968
ph: (772) 226-3212
The County's solid waste system is an organized dependent special district known as Indian River County Solid Waste Disposal District (SWDD). The purpose of the Refuse Disposal Division under SWDD is to operate five Customer Convenience Centers (CCC's) around the County and transport materials delivered to these centers by county residents to the landfill site for recycling and/or disposal.