The Club is chartered by the State of Florida as a 501(c) 3 non-profit corporation.
Our officers and board serve without compensation and consist of President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Recording Secretary, and five Directors with one paid employee. The Club office is located at the Vero Beach Museum of Art, 3001 Riverside Park Drive, Vero Beach Florida 32963.
Our relationship with the museum originated when the Club joined with the Alliance For the Arts in creating the present Vero Beach Museum of Art facility originally named the Center for the Arts.The Vero Beach Art Club was formed in 1936 by six dedicated artists who called their group the "Vero Beach Sketch Club" incorporating as the Vero Beach Art Club in 1954. Having served the community for over 75 years, the Club which has grown to a membership of over 500 members varying by year, is one of the nation’s largest art clubs. In 1978, the VBAC began negotiations with the City of Vero Beach to obtain a site for the purpose of building an Art Academy and Gallery. After the Club was granted an option for space in the Riverside Park Complex they began a cooperative relationship with the Alliance for the Arts in an attempt to further interest in the building of an art-centered facility. The City of Vero Beach deeded the land to the Art Club and after much discussion an agreement was signed between the Alliance, the Art Club and the City of Vero Beach, to create a building known as the Center for the Arts. In 1981 they broke ground on the present site of the Vero Beach Museum of Art and was established with the Art Club and the Museum as co-tenants in the building on Riverside Park Drive.