Citizen Science Day
Saturday, Apr 13, 2019 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Location: Environmental Learning Center
Category: Festivals/Family Fun
Do you want to make a difference for the environment, wildlife and our community? Join us at the Environmental Learning Center on Saturday, April 13 as we celebrate Citizen Science Day!
Citizen Science Day is an international effort with events being held around the globe. Researchers will share why they need you to assist with critical projects: spotting otters, tracking bats and birds or identifying invasive plants and reptiles. What's great is that adults and kids alike can participate: Everyone can be a citizen scientist!
There will be booths showcasing fascinating projects, demonstrations, talks and workshops where you can learn about amazing discoveries, incredible volunteer opportunities and anything else citizen science-related. Our event will also have great music and lots of family-friendly food will be available.
Whether you are coming to explore citizen science opportunities, make a birdhouse or rain barrel, see rescued wild birds, learn to identify birds using the latest technology, or just relax, listen to music and grab a bite to eat, we look forward to seeing you at the Environmental Learning Center.
The ELC is located at 255 Live Oak Drive, Vero Beach. Get your tickets online below or at the door. Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for children ages 3-11 and free for children 2 and under. Complimentary admission for ELC members and to anyone with proof of financial need: EBT card, Medicaid card, SNAP, TANF or Free or Reduced Lunch Letter.
Community Partners and Activities
- Rain Barrel Workshop- Marine Resource Council
- Project Nest Watch -Build A Birdhouse - Home Depot
- Live Native Rescue Birds- Treasure Coast Wildlife
- eBird Bird ID project - Wes Johnson
- Bat Identification and Conservation - Sherry Blissett- Clark
- US Fish & Wildlife- Animal Telemetry
- Right Whale Spotter- Marine Resource Council
- Otter Spotter Program- Megan Stolen
- Plastic-Free Florida
- Treasure Coast Wildlife
- Indian River Lagoon Aquatic Preserve
- Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute
- Indian River Master Gardeners
- Home Depot
- National Weather Service
Environmental Learning Center
?255 Live Oak Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963
Return to: Calendar