American Cancer Society, Inc. Share this page:
Vero Beach, FL
American Cancer Society, Inc.
3375 20th St
Vero Beach, FL 32960
(772) 562-2272 ext. 2407
OVERVIEW: The American Cancer Society is the nation’s largest voluntary health organization. Their volunteer network -- 2 million strong -- empowers people to make a difference in the fight against cancer. The local Division office in Vero Beach has many volunteer opportunities.
Survival rates are higher than ever, but more than 550,000 Americans still die each year from cancer. That means more dollars are needed to fund promising research projects; to expand information, education, and advocacy efforts; and to increase the level of services provided to cancer patients and their families.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Support Your Local Fundraising Events:
March: Bella Notte
April/May: Relay For Life of Indian River (relayforlife.org/indianriverfl), Relay For Life of Indian River Beaches (relayforlife.org/beachesfl) and Relay For Life of North Indian River (relayforlife.org/northindianriverfl)
October: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (makingstrideswalk.org/indianriverfl).
- Make Contributions: Your monetary contributions directly impact your Florida neighbors because the American Cancer Society is present in every community in the state. Donations can be earmarked to be used specifically in Indian River County. Each dollar donated is used efficiently to provide information, support, and services to those who suffer from cancer.
- CANCER SUPPORT & SERVICES PROVIDED IN INDIAN RIVER COUNTY ARE AS FOLLOWS.....
- 24 hour access to cancer information, resources, and navigation (800) 227-2345
- User friendly site providing in-depth information (www.cancer.org)
- Clinical Trials Matching Service
- Emotional Support
- Reach to Recovery (one on one Breast Cancer support matching service)
- Cancer Survivors Network (Online support community)
- Look Good Feel Better
- Wigs, Head Coverings & Prosthetic Bras